The individual health insurance in Alberta landscape can be difficult to navigate. This is why we’ve created four steps for you to take. They will help you get around in the maze of information. By simplifying the process, you’ll find that it’s easier to understand and find individual health insurance in Alberta that meets your needs.
Find Your Marketplace for Individual Health Insurance in Alberta
Most Albertans get health insurance through their employer, but, if your employer offers health insurance and you want to find an alternative plan, or top-up your health insurance, you’ll have to navigate getting an individual policy directly from an insurer, or insurance broker.
Although individual health insurance in Alberta is affordable, it’s more expensive than group insurance. The rates for group are lower because there are a number of people paying into it, and your employer pays part, or the entire premium.
Using a broker to find individual health insurance in Alberta means having someone on your side that compares all the products on the market for you, the selects or tailors the one the best suits your needs.
Compare Types of Individual Health Insurance in Alberta
If looking on your own without a broker, compare the summary of benefits of different health insurance companies. This will give you an idea of the types of individual health insurance are available.
When it comes to money you have to pay you’ll, want to know the following terms:
- Deductible: The deductible is how much you pay before your health insurance starts to cover a larger portion of your health bills.
- Copayment: Is a predetermined rate you pay for health care services at the time of care.
- Coinsurance: Is a percentage of a medical charge that you pay, with the rest paid by your health insurance plan, after your deductible is paid.
Dental and prescriptions plans will use these terms. Remember that you also have to consider the premium you’ll have to pay for individual health insurance in Alberta when considering the type of individual plan you need.
Individual Health Insurance in Alberta – Insurance That Meets Your Needs
- When researching the above, also ask yourself questions to find the best plan for you.
- How often do you go to the doctor?
- Do you now, or have you used physical therapy or chiropractic services?
- Do you have mental health issues?
- Are you on a certain medication and if so is it covered?
- What happens if you get sick when traveling abroad? Does your plan include travel insurance?
If you’re looking for individual health insurance in Alberta we can help. We’re individual health insurance brokers and will help you find health coverage that fits your needs. For more information about the types of plans in Alberta or to discuss your needs contact us today.